You create seamless interactions and care about customer needs. We let you design your work-life balance.
At StrataMap, we make dynamic documentation — easing the pain of business and technology change. We believe in visualization, collaboration, and turning data into knowledge. As a young, quickly-growing, SaaS startup our product is being used by large corporates, government agencies, and small tech vendors. We’re looking for a passionate and mature designer to detail our user flows and lead the design as we mature.
What you will do:
- Engage customers to gather insight
- Work with the product owner to set the roadmap for UX and product features
- Take design principles and user research and turn them into delightful interactions
- Own the UX/UI and all visual design (SaaS platform, website, etc)
- Work alongside our dev team to problem solve and implement your designs
- Ideate solutions, develop designs, finesse implementation, and deliver great product every release.
- Extensive portfolio of work proving experience in researching, designing and delivering digital products
- Fluency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, CSS handover, and your preferred tools
- Knowledge of user research methods and confidence to tailor your approach to the customer
- Up to date with the latest trends and standards
- Fast-learner to come up to speed in this technical environment
- Listener with the soft skills to foster a productive environment with the developers and other team members
- Visual communicator - you don’t write memos, you sketch to get your point across
Nice to have extras:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment with minimal structure, no one will sign off your work. It’s your work, own it. (But we’re always happy to collaborate.)
- Experience and enjoyment crafting words to go with your visuals — create marketing and messaging
- Beautiful UI craft - we’ve got a visual brand and design system already in place, we need you to put it to good use
Perks of working here:
- Great work environment: central CBD, quality coffee, windows, office dog, big whiteboards, pool table, and the space to get away from everyone.
- Ability to work remote or with flexible hours (we encourage a mid-day surf or mountain bike ride)
- Passionate international team - “if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well” - both professionally and personally
We’re a flexible employer and we want to tailor a work environment that enables you to design your life. This role is a employee position that is part-time or full-time. A full-time position will include providing similar professional services to some of our customers. Let’s make it work for you and your goals.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa, please include your status when applying.