Set-up of the StrataMap modelling environment is a three step process:
Step 1: Install Archi
- This trial works with open-source Archi 4.x
Step 2: Install the plug-in
- The Archi Plugin is your secure connection to StrataMap.
- To download click here to download the latest version.
- See below for instructions on how to install the StrataMap plugin.
- Besure to re-start Archi.
Step 3: Connect to online repository
- Download your model from the repository using StrataMap Import (found in the header bar).
- Make changes in Archi and merge your changes to the repository using StrataMap Synchronise.
- Share the changes with your team.
Q. How do I install the Archi application?
A. Select the download that matches your computers operating system, then follow the instructions on the Archi website.
Q. How do I install StrataMap Archi plugin?
A. Once you have downloaded the stratamap.archi.plugin.zip file (from the link in step 2 above), follow these steps.
- In the Archi directory, open the Plugins folder. On Mac you will need to highlight the Archi application and right-button click, then select 'show package contents'. This will make your Plugins folder visible.
- Uncompress the ZIP file and move this file to plugins folder.
- Restart Archi. You will find the new StrataMap menu has been placed next to the help menu.
- To check the plugin version open the 'About this plugin' menu item.
Q. How do I import a model?
A. Models can be imported from our cloud server using the import wizard.
- Select the Import Model from the StrataMap menu.
- Type in the name of the model you are trying to import, e.g. 'ArchInsure'
- Enter the credentials from your new account email.
- The model import process takes about 1 minute depending on the size.
- Once complete the model will appear in the Archi model panel on the left.
Q. How do I synchronise?
A. Once you have made your changes to the model you can upload these to the StrataMap repository using the synchronise model wizard.
- Select the 'Synchronise model' menu and enter your credentials.
- The model will be merged with the copy in the cloud.
- Any conflicts will be reported - these can be reviewed and if necessary re-loaded.
- To see your changes, login into StrataMap online.